Monday, March 20, 2006

THE PHEONIX

“The thought of a new life
renders in me a warmth
unknown to mankind.
But the fear of the past,
Not letting go prods my heart.

The innermost desires fight
With the deepest fears
And alas! What comes out ,
In the end is fear.

A fear of being all alone
Without the loved ones.
A fear of not achieving
But the saying goes
‘Life moves on come what may’

I try to bring out the innermost desires
Let go of the deepest fears
And wait for the sun to rise,
A new dawn signifying
A new page in my life.

As a phoenix I’ll rise
Turning to ashes every fear,
Every hurdle that tries to stop me.

I wait for a new dawn……”

4 comments:

Krishh Raem said...

Welcome to the blogger world dude,
tht's a wonderful debut man,
simply Ingenous Opus,
great work,
one can have prodigious comparisons with this poem .
ny wayz keep postin

Manohar said...

Hi Kartheek,
Layout is nice now. Start blogging now. We are all eager to know your experiences.
Cheers;
Manohar

Rani Manohar said...

Kartheek,

Nice and motivating for the readers.I think I'll show it to my students and ask them to summarize it as a part of their modern poetry project.
Keep posting!
Cheers;
Rani.

Sharkon said...

A nice poem ..
I can really feel every word of it now away from u guys.